We take security very seriously. Token's general security model is:
- Credentials are stored on an EAL5+ / EMVCO / HID certified Secure Element - just like the chip in your credit card
- There is a Fingerprint Sensor on the inside of the ring that scans your finger as you put it on to unlock it
- After that, an IR Diode and Optical Sensor detect as soon as you take the ring off to lock it back up
- While you are wearing it, every transaction is 2FA since it proves possession of the device along with the biometric second factor
- However, since you only need to scan your finger once, each authentication is one step.